double ball snider load ?

@ ANTIQUEGUY:

Thank you! You saved me a screaming hissy-fit.

Yes, ANY gas getting under the Block of an early Snider will do it. THAT was why the Mark III action was developed; it has the LOCKING BAR to keep it shut.

But if you are running overpressure loads..... and some of the pressure comes back..... and it CAN'T get out...........

THEN what?

I don't want to be around to find out.

I like to see lovely old guns in ONE PIECE, working fine. I don't like to see them in multiple irregularly-shaped chunks.

Be safe: ONE Ball, One Bullet or a small number of Buckshot. NO more. Duplicate the original loads.

The guys who DESIGNED and BUILT these things knew what they were doing.

Do YOU understand what they were doing...... and why?
 
@ ANTIQUEGUY:

Thank you! You saved me a screaming hissy-fit.

Yes, ANY gas getting under the Block of an early Snider will do it. THAT was why the Mark III action was developed; it has the LOCKING BAR to keep it shut.

But if you are running overpressure loads..... and some of the pressure comes back..... and it CAN'T get out...........

THEN what?

I don't want to be around to find out.

I like to see lovely old guns in ONE PIECE, working fine. I don't like to see them in multiple irregularly-shaped chunks.

Be safe: ONE Ball, One Bullet or a small number of Buckshot. NO more. Duplicate the original loads.

The guys who DESIGNED and BUILT these things knew what they were doing.

Do YOU understand what they were doing...... and why?

a mk3 will be the next snider I buy I've promised my self that but the things keep multiplying
 
Back
Top Bottom