Double barrel Deninger

fenceline

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
I'm trying to find out more information on the American Arms Company double barrel pistols of the design pictured below. The barrels swivel to load.

Not actual gun, just an idea..
14-04-2007%20003.jpg


I understand there are some that are antique status, and some that are prohibited replicas. If anyone knows how to tell one apart from the other I'd love to know.
 
Last edited:
I checked up on this little gun in my book and it was made before 1878 so the only thing that would make it prohib would be if its in .22 if its in any of the others cals 32 38 or 41 then its antique. do you know the cal? they go between $400-$600 good. the $600 being the .41 cal. this gun had a production run from 1866-1878 with a total of 5000 made.

I think your in luck though because the grips on the 22 model look like a birds head type.
 
The gun isn't mine. It is a friend's and currently registered as 12(6). Was told 22. It doesn't have the half moon sights and it might be a replica.

Just trying to get pics. It doesn't have any markings.
 
if its .22 even if it was made in 1866 its a prohib and 12(6) is right. if its original it should be marked on the barrel: American arms co.boston mass. -and other barrel- wheelers pat.oct.31.1865-june.19.1866. check under the grips if it even has a serial number?
it looks bigger then .22 to me. if you have a .22 bullet stick it in the bore and see if it fits.
 
Back
Top Bottom