Drop in barrel for T/C Hawken??

grinrgrn

CGN Regular
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
Location
Westofthefifth
Is there anywhere in Canada I can order a drop-in (Green Mt. or other?)for my .45 Hawken?Looking for another .45 cal barrel or possibly a .50?

If not,anyone have experience ordering same from USA?How much hassle,paperwork etc. is involved?
 
I don't know of any Cdn sources but you can order from Track of the Wolf via their website. No problems whatsoever with importing a barrel or other M/L parts as I have done it many times over the past few years. It will come to your postal depot and you will pay HST when you pick it up - that's it. Delivery is usually about 3 weeks into Canada whereas if somewhere in the States is 3-4 days....go figure.
 
Thegunworks.com have their own barrel company , Oregon barrel Co. formerly Sharon Barrel. They make drop in barrels for $250.
I rebarreled my pistol with one of their barrels :D it's tack driver :D
Cheers nessy
 
grinrgrn:
No problem at all with bringing the new barrel into Canada as it in itself is not a firearm. I replaced the barrel on a registered caplock of my own a few years ago - the Firearm Identification Number was inscribed on the old barrel so I simply inscribed the same number on the new barrel and draw-filed the number off the old barrel before I sold it. Leave the FIN on both barrels if you want to keep them both in use. If the serial number of your current caplock is somewhere else than on the barrel, then simply leave it as is and swap in the new barrel. Good luck.
 
Hey, I have a newbe question;

If you can order barrels for a muzzle loader, can you order muzzle loader kits? I know a couple guys who built their own in the past, but I haven't seen anywhere in Canada that sells kits anymore.
 
Hey, I have a newbe question;

If you can order barrels for a muzzle loader, can you order muzzle loader kits? I know a couple guys who built their own in the past, but I haven't seen anywhere in Canada that sells kits anymore.

I've ordered a couple flint kits from Track of the Wolf & they've been no problem, but the folks at Track warn to have all the paper work complete before ordering a cap buster.
 
Back
Top Bottom