I recently acquired an E. M. Reilly & Company double barrel shotgun from a elderly couple no longer wanting to keep it. The buttstock has been poorly repaired, but the family story of the shotgun is enough to keep it.
I searched the internet for information about the shotgun as well as the E.M. Reilly company, but I did not find much information about them. I learned they were from 1860's to 1915ish and Reilly put his name on rifles that may not have been actually made by him.
I found a damaged ser# on the trigger guard and another possible ser# on the bottom of the barrels, both appear to be 5 digits and are different.
trigger guard #: XX342 (the first digit may be a 2)
I will post images later today.
For the time being, here is my description:
- Detachable side by side barrels with wave pattern in the steel
- Double triggers
- Exposed hammers
- Lever under the trigger guard to break the barrels
- Ejector between the barrels
Here is a link to one VERY similar:
Any information you could provide would be appreciated. The couple knew the ownership of the shotgun, but knew very little of the shotgun/manufacturer. I told them I would share what I could after I learned more.
Cheers
I searched the internet for information about the shotgun as well as the E.M. Reilly company, but I did not find much information about them. I learned they were from 1860's to 1915ish and Reilly put his name on rifles that may not have been actually made by him.
I found a damaged ser# on the trigger guard and another possible ser# on the bottom of the barrels, both appear to be 5 digits and are different.
trigger guard #: XX342 (the first digit may be a 2)
I will post images later today.
For the time being, here is my description:
- Detachable side by side barrels with wave pattern in the steel
- Double triggers
- Exposed hammers
- Lever under the trigger guard to break the barrels
- Ejector between the barrels
Here is a link to one VERY similar:
Any information you could provide would be appreciated. The couple knew the ownership of the shotgun, but knew very little of the shotgun/manufacturer. I told them I would share what I could after I learned more.
Cheers


















































