Edmonton Area Black powder hang outs?

shooterm

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario
So like the title says I belong to spruce grove gun club hopefully it re opens soon, but I am new to black powder and got my first traditions hawken rifle and wouldn't mind going out with people who have done this before to show me the tricks of the trade
 
I would suppose that the Canadian Historical Arms Society (CHAS) might have a few people. They operate an outdoor range to the southwest at Genesee Lake, and have an indoor night at Phoenix on 76th ave on tuesday nights.
 
I'm not sure how to get ahold of them, but there is the Edmonton House Brigade, which is a bunch of crazy charcoal burners - they would be good to get in touch with. As was already mentioned , CHAS has quite a few helpful BP guys, and they also put on some trail walk shoots and such at the Genesee range. Google both, see what you find.
 
There are lots of bp shooters in Edmonton. Here is a link to The ABPA..Alberta black powder assossciation

http://albertablackpowderassociation.com/

The Edmonton house brigade you could probably google it hmm let me try some stuff...BRB..

http://www.edmontonhousebrigade.com/


Both the ABPA and house brigade are also on face book if you use it. I have shot with some of the guys out of Edmonton and they really know there stuff...hope this helps ya out..
 
If you come down to Ft Edmonton there's a house brigade guy who works on the york boat at the fort - name's Bill. Not sure how involved he is but it's a good place there.
 
I RSO at the Spruce Grove Range occasionally and have been shooting BP for quite a number of years. I also belong to the SPFG club and it has a fairly active BP shooting group as well as specialised ranges for BP.

Hopefully the SGGC range re-opens soon and perhaps we can meet up out there one day, I can give you a little help with getting shooting. It really is pretty simple once you have fired a few shots.
 
That would be great thanks I have been waiting all summer to shoot my new Hawken but of course the range has been code I understand it will be open soon though once everything has been fixed. Thanks for the offer and PM me when you decide to go and if I am free (newborn/second child) I would love to go with some other black powder shooters.
Thanks
 
So like the title says I belong to spruce grove gun club hopefully it re opens soon, but I am new to black powder and got my first traditions hawken rifle and wouldn't mind going out with people who have done this before to show me the tricks of the trade

Stevebot-7 mentioned CHAS.

Theres an older guy by the name of Randy who usually does the range officer bit and hangs out in the house on the range, he's got an original Hawken in 60 cal that he shoots every once in awhile. Got a big white goatee, you cant miss him.
 
Come to the Sherwood Park F&G range on the weekend of Sept 6 and 7 for a BP shoot both days. There will also be primitive archery as well as tomahawk and knife throwing events. There will be about 30 targets in the "Trail Walk" each day: these will be steel gongs of various sizes, shapes and distances. All shooting will be of-hand using open sights and patched round balls. Percussion and flint are okay but no in-lines unless used with open sights and patched round balls.
There is a ton of experience in the group and we are always happy to help and encourage new BP shooters. Entry fee for the weekend is only about $20 so a cheap weekend.....see ya there.
 
i was looking into that but i thought u would have to be a member of that range. besides i have family coming from back east so i won't be able to. but if i am able to i would like to next time, i would love to get into that scene.i have been watching a lot of videos and pictures of black powder clubs and it looks fun
 
Back
Top Bottom