Edwardian Shoot

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I attended the 3rd annual Edwardian Shoot this past Sunday. It was dedicated to classic double barrel shotguns and had categories for smokeless and black powder loads as well as both cartridge and muzzle loaders. Where possible, participants were encouraged to dress in the Edwardian style. Most shooters did so but the closest that I could come was a white shirt and sports jacket. What was a surprise to me was that a sports jacket is surprisingly slippery in terms of mounting your gun to your shoulder. I can definitely see the advantage of a leather patch on the right shoulder (wished that I had one). Following shooting all repaired to the clubhouse for tea and sandwiches. I am sure that I speak for all of us in saying that a good time was had by all and many thanks to the organizer of the shoot

cheers mooncoon











 
So many wild pigeons!

Glad to see that your shoot was such a great success.
Somebody told me that, just days before, the shed containing the trap launchers was struck by lightning which caused three of the five machines to spontaneously launch the 400 clays in their magazines, and that the shoot had to be cancelled on the appointed day. Seems like that disastrous outcome was averted.
Good work, and congratulations on a fine day out!
CW
 
Somebody told me that, just days before, the shed containing the trap launchers was struck by lightning which caused three of the five machines to spontaneously launch the 400 clays in their magazines, and that the shoot had to be cancelled on the appointed day.

I believe it was Thursday when the lightning struck but a Victoria F & G trap member was able to get at least 2 machines working for Sunday. Must have been a major job just to shovel out 400 clays from each of the 3 machines that went postal

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom