El cheapo borescope

Metman2

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I picked up an endoscope on ebay for $17 shipped from Hong Kong. Diameter 7mm, it plugs into a USB port, has its own light and came with software that enables video and still photos. The field of view is 60 degrees, so it obviously can't focus on small flaws like the borescopes that cost 50X as much. But it can verify if there's rust, lead, or copper fouling. The captures don't show the detail that you can see "live".

Examples:

I was able to verify that the bore on my newly acquired Safari Arms Hawken .50 is super shiny:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/nilsek/media/Metmans%20diverse/20130411230314_zps2e4a574c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

The bore on my Swedish RB m867-89 still has some lead stuck here and there:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/nilsek/media/Metmans%20diverse/20130411230924_zps38b20866.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
 
I'm glad to see the humor factor in responses - no rudeness, we're all mature in this forum. When we hear the word "endoscope", we shudder

Actually, I had thought that if it turned out no good for checking rifle bores, it might have other uses....

I was thinking of attaching a USB cable extension, taping the whole thing to my drain snake, and sending it down the laundry drain to try and see why it's getting clogged.
 
Back
Top Bottom