Historically groups like the DCRA in Canada, NFA of US and Britain awarded muskets, rifles etc as top prizes. At the present time you might find a buyer who puts a premium on that little disk on the butt. However finding a buyer lookin for a specific regiment, or famous shooters/soldiers name or a competition named plate is often difficult. I do like knowing the history of my antiques, but most people would say buy the coin not the story.
In my opinion the value of that pattern53 will be based on it's condition like most things, and not haveing anything mismatched. The minor history will help you get at the high end of a P53 Enfield. The civy checkering or anything else not "as issued" might add or subtract. Add as a trophy rifle cause I don't think it's made for private purchase, subtract as we all want original in our antiques.
P53's Poor-Fair we have seen from 200-445. Good cond. 400-1000 and v good up to 1500. It would have to have something rare and in demand to beat these numbers like a CSA or something simular original stamp. Or if William Hayhearst or Des Burke's name were on that winner's disk. These are asking prices I witnessed at the shows, on this/other sites. Hope this helps, and I know I'll get some feedback.......