English sporting rifle

chasseur

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
90   1   0
Location
, Nova Scotia
Just bought this 54 cal English sporting rifle replica.I ve always admired the style of these guns ,can t until she gets here.

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg
 
stalking rifle

a fella at our last gun show had a nice original for sale in .54 cal. flip up rear sight as originally used. made in edinburgh. understand it was a good shooter as well.
 
A beautiful gun - I'd have liked to have seen the Scottish-made one for comparison.

Slightly OT, but as you mention Scotland - I have a unique BSA Model 1 take-down .22 target rifle, made in 1909 for a boy who was to die on the Somme in 1917. That was converted by Alexander Martin of Glasgow.

See the image at the bottom of the page here -

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/BSA_Model_1.html

tac
 
Thanks Bud. Whoever built that did a fine job. Wouldn't mind running into one just like it some day. Sure would be fine if such a thing was built in commercial numbers and readily available.
 
The Gunworks doesn t make them per say but has the availability of custom smiths that build them for them.They actually have one for sale now an 8 bore, I thought about buying it but for the money 4700 I figured that with the cost of powder and lead , not to mention the recoil I probably wouldn t shoot it much.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom