Engraved 41 SAA's

gutinater

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 99.5%
203   1   0
Location
Edmontonia
















Just got my second engraved nickel with fire blued screws 4-3/4" .41 LC black powder frame antique SAA. Both have nimschke style scroll engraving. The top gun has two piece antique pearl grips the bottom gun has two piece ivory. The top gun has more of a dull antique nickel finish while the bottom gun has a highly polished nickel finish.
 
Last edited:
The engraving was done by a fellow in the US my gunsmith has been using since he was an apprentice . I don't even know his name. No these have not been shot since engraving and refinishing. I will never shoot them although they are quite capable of being fired. My next gun being engraved is an 1896 .41 Bisley but this one will be case hardened and blued instead of nickel. Should turn out like this gun. I'm also getting the antique ivory grips refinished like this



 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom