Engraved Colt .38 special is finally here!!

loki_81

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Location
Northern BC
So happy to get presents, makes my day. Hardest part is waiting until I get home to truly ogle. :D

This is a Colt SAA in .38 special that's beautiflly engraved, with real horn grips that are also carved. I'm leaving her unfired as it's more of an investment than a shooter to me, sadly one that I might part with sooner than later due to unforseen circumstances. However for now I can't help but play and share this beauty.

Enjoy the pics, there's lots more of engraving under the barrel, along the grip strapping, etc, but I don't want to bog the thread down too much, so side views for now folks;

_MG_2312.jpg


_MG_2315.jpg


_MG_2313.jpg


_MG_2314.jpg


So friggin happy. :D
 
So happy to get presents, makes my day. Hardest part is waiting until I get home to truly ogle. :D

This is a Colt SAA in .38 special that's beautiflly engraved, with real horn grips that are also carved. I'm leaving her unfired as it's more of an investment than a shooter to me, sadly one that I might part with sooner than later due to unforseen circumstances. However for now I can't help but play and share this beauty.

Enjoy the pics, there's lots more of engraving under the barrel, along the grip strapping, etc, but I don't want to bog the thread down too much, so side views for now folks;

So friggin happy. :D

I don't get it you post how happy you are to get this & how you are leaving it unfired as a investment & you can't wait to get it home to truly ogle it.
Then one hour & forty one minutes later you put it up for sale in the EE ?
:confused:
Laugh2
 
I don't get it you post how happy you are to get this & how you are leaving it unfired as a investment & you can't wait to get it home to truly ogle it.
Then one hour & forty one minutes later you put it up for sale in the EE ?
:confused:
Laugh2

Thanks for pointing out the error in my wording. I was already home, and really meant to say that the hardest part was (not is) waiting to get home to ogle it. I already had it in my hands and was ogling well before I started the thread.

Sounds like advertising. He's got a thread on the Mauser C96 that is also in the EE.

I don't post pics of my toys as I said in the C96 thread. However if I'm thinking of selling they're not going to be my toys for much longer. I didn't see the harm in it, not meant as an advertisment.
 
Is she all numbers matching and is there a number on the loading gate ?
You dont give much info on it in the add.
by numbers matching i ment the trigger gard back strap and frame all the same ?
There blocked out in the pics so cant see if there numbers are correct for the year the gun was made.
 
Is she all numbers matching and is there a number on the loading gate ?
You dont give much info on it in the add.
by numbers matching i ment the trigger gard back strap and frame all the same ?
There blocked out in the pics so cant see if there numbers are correct for the year the gun was made.

Yes there is a number on the loading gate.

The trigger guard, back strap, and frame serial #'s are all the same matching numbers.
 
That loading gate # is an assembly number and will not match the serial just so you are aware. Cool gun BTW.
 
That is a great looking gun but if it is chambered for .38 special it would have been re-worked as .38 special didn't come into being until 1898. .38 Long Colt maybe???
 
Loki knows his Colts, for sure! All the SAA frames are the same, so all that's needed is a new barrel, and cylinder, neither of which carry a serial number, to make any colt SAA into any other calibre....
My antique .38 special SAA started it's life as a 45 long colt....
 
Back
Top Bottom