Entry level flintlock pistol?

bigdawg

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just looking for a entry level flintlock to get into black powder if anyone could give me a tip on retailers and brands that would be great. I looked around and did't find too many options There seems to be more choices in the US i guess thats because of the reenacting community.


Thanks for your help!
 
No body with any advice one thing i do know is that there seems to be fewer people shooting flintlock rifles and pistols.


Is this true or is it just me?
 
Marstar has or can get Pedersoli reproduction flint and cap pistols, they are on the right of Canadian Gunnutz Logo at the top of the page. Click on Marstar go to pistols select Pedersoli. I have never fired a flinter or tried to maintain one but they may be finicky compared to a cap type but that is half the fun.:D

Or Loyalistarms dot com is really into the old stuff and has some in stock. A phone call to them might yield a flintlock at a good price.
 
Last edited:
I guess this post is testament to my theory that flintlock is a dieing sport everybody seems to be into percussion or other types of black powder.
 
The Italian repros have been mentionned.
I would suggest that entry level shouldn't translate to low cost. If you are going to shoot a flintlock, you want a quality lock, that is fast, and sparks well. There is nothing more frustrating than an unreliable flintlock.
Another option is to make one.
 
On black powder days at the range there are at least half a dozen flintlocks being used so I don't think they are dead. I am in to BP revolvers right now but will add a flintlock to my collection when one comes along.
 
Back
Top Bottom