Establishing date of manufacture for Bodeo Revolvers?

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Wondering if anyone out there has a reliable system for dating Italian Bodeo revolvers? I know there were antiques of these guns, but am not finding many proofs for italian guns or the serial range for year of manufacture. Gun doesn't have many markings, but is a 70, 000 serial number with no letter prefixes. Has Glisenti Brescia on the left side of frame in front of the cylinder written vertically but no year of manufacture like I've seen elsewhere. Pretty much no other visible markings.
 
I seem to recall seeing some of them for sale on gun broker with actual dates stamped on them from the 1890's. I have an interest as well in the bodeo's but I'm sorry, beyond that I have no idea unfortunately.
 
I searched a bit on google and found this thread http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?302419-Italian-Revolvers-Markings-and-Numbers-Research Maybe you can contact the author of the post.
 
I searched a bit on google and found this thread http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?302419-Italian-Revolvers-Markings-and-Numbers-Research Maybe you can contact the author of the post.

Thanks! I think this guy posted the same thread on multiple sites as on another there were only two replies, both making comments about "italian guns only dropped once" kind of things. Sent him a PM on that one but doesn't look like he was as active as on gunboards - I'll try him here! Thanks again.
 
Back
Top Bottom