Factory Ammo Suggestions

Joe549

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Looking for suggestions on a good factory ammo in .270. Will be used in a Savage 111 primarily for deer hunting inside of 200 yards.

Please do not recommend hand loading because I do not own any equipment nor am I in a position to set myself up to do so, both space wise and financially.
 
Federal Fusion are great factory rounds, they are bonded soft points that don't cost an arm and a leg. I took 3 deer and a couple bear with them in my 7mm rem mag, they shot well out to 400 yards for me.
 
Hornady Superformance is great, when i can get them in certain caliber i do not reload, in 270 you get a 130 gr SST @3200 fps and 3000 pounds of energy and they are so accurate, out of my Sako Bavarian they are sub half moa... JP.
 
I have taken more than a dozen deer with the Winchester 130g Power points.
Two with the 150g Winchester Power points.
A few with the old Federal Power shock 130g

My favorite are the Winchester 130g Power Points. Young deer hit in the lungs quite often drop on the spot.
 
Back
Top Bottom