Fake or not ?

From what I can see it has an Italian date code of 1962 and I believe it shows the Italian proof mark of PN and Finito for final black powder proof. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Below are Italian proof marks which this gun has. It is an Italian reproduction. I would say maybe by Ranson Italia but not sure.
cIV0sl5.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm sure the originals would not have Hollywood California stamped on the barrel nor would it have Made in Italy stamped on it too as the pictures clearly show. This is NOT an original. His price IHMO should be half.
 
That gun was imported into the States by Hy Hunter (marked on the barrel above the Hollywood California Mark)which sold muzzleloaders in the late 60s and 70s during the muzzleloading craze.These guns were made in Italy by a number of firms like zoli and armi San Marco and were branded by the numerous importers like Navy Arms, Dixie gun works , Euroarms etc.it looks to be in nice condtion probably worth about 500 or 600.The current ones made by Pedersoli would be of better quality.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom