federal power shok 180 grn

Honestly, whether or not .243 is okay for moose is a matter of discussion, whether a 300 win mag is okay is simply not a matter of opinion.

If you hit anything on the continent (properly) with your rifle and those loads you'll kill it humanely.
 
Thanks guys I was hoping I could get away without spending 80 dollars a box on ammo!
I was quite confident but the box only rates it as medium skinned ammunition!
 
"...hoping I could get away without spending 80 dollars a box on ammo..." You can. Ammo that uses premium bullets runs that kind of money. You don't need premium bullets for Bullwinkle.
Shooter's Choice wants $28.95 per 20 for Remington 180 grain .300 Mag. Bullwinkle will be just as dead.
You will have to try a box to see if your rifle shoots it well though. A 2 or 3 inch group at 100 is fine for moose. Sight in on a bench then practice shooting, offhand, at a 9" pie plate, at 100 yards until you can hit it every time.
 
300 win mag for moose? You are gonna need something bigger. Im thinking 45/70 with a 300 grain bullet at least. You have to be close though I suggest 20 yards that should do the trick. That will ensure you only have to track the moose about a km assuming you hit em right.

All kidding aside it is about shot placement more than anything. My uncle shoots a Moose almost every year in Thunder Bay with a .270 so I think you will be more than fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom