Federal Vital•Shok - Trophy Bonded Tip ? anyone try this yet?

From what little I have heard on it (couple magazine articles) the new Trophy Tip, which is an updated version of the Trophy Bonded bullet is nothing but an improvement. The bullet has been streamlined with a polymer tip and boattail base, and grooved shank (like a Barnes TSX). It flies flatter due to the more streamlined shape (higher ballistic coefficient), but performs the same as a standard Trophy Bonded on game. It should be an excellent choice if it shoots well in your rifle. Accuracy potential should be as good as any other bullet, but only shootingh it will tell if your rifle likes it or not.
 
Trophy Bonded Tip

I'd like to bring this thread back to see if there has been any one else who has tried these bullets in the last year and a bit.

I'm thinking of trying them in my .300WM to see if they shoot well. They look good compared to their competition.

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/compare/rifle_compare.aspx Page 2 of .300WM

Anyone else have experience with these?
 
Last edited:
I have been using them in my 338 win mag for years and love them. I shot two moose over the last 5 years and have recovered both bullets. One weighed 215/225 grains and was a perfect mushroom, the other was 170/225 grains still mushroomed but I hit some bone and it fragmented somewhat. They will shoot around 1" @ 100yards, two holes touching and the third always a flyer.

I wish I could buy them in bulk and reload them, they are now $85 a box with a factory load. Hope this helps
 
Back
Top Bottom