FFG In A .45 Flintlock

2F works fine and will give less pressure than 3F as well as less velocity. You will probably find you get a bit more fouling with the 2F but the price is right :>) It seemed to me that I noticed a slightly slower ignition using 2F for priming. I normally shoot with 3 and prime with 3.

cheers mooncoon
 
In Sam Fadala's book "Black Powder Loading Manual" he tests a CVA .45 cal Kentucky rifle with both FFg and FFFg. 50 grs FFFg = 1767 fps with a .440" 128 gr PRB. 50 grs FFg = 1577 fps with the same ball. He goes up to a max of 75 grs FFg for 1856 fps.
 
FFg will work okay as Mooncoon mentioned. Try sifting your can of FFg though a flour sifter and save the fines that pass through the screen for priming the pan.
 
In Sam Fadala's book "Black Powder Loading Manual" he tests a CVA .45 cal Kentucky rifle with both FFg and FFFg. 50 grs FFFg = 1767 fps with a .440" 128 gr PRB. 50 grs FFg = 1577 fps with the same ball. He goes up to a max of 75 grs FFg for 1856 fps.

I have a CVA .45 with a Jukar barrel and clocked 1875 FPS using 45 grains of Triple seven FFFG. I think maybe I will cut back a bit as my shoulder still hurts a bit after a week. Need some foam on the butt.
 
Back
Top Bottom