Well after 3 years and numerous searches I have found the barrel bands for my Sharps Bourchardt 1878 military rifle.
When I bought it it had been sort of sporterised,The fore stock had been shortened and the barrel bands and nose cap removed,ram rod tossed.
About 2 years ago I found an original fore stock and the ram rod in New Mexico from Al Story at Borchardt sporting rifles, and then recently I posted a wanted add in the Single Shot exchange .About 2 weeks ago I recieved an email from Colarado Springs and a fellow had the bands and nose cap for my rifle ,I western unioned the money to him and they arrived today.
She is all together and ready to hit the range.
View attachment 3097
View attachment 3098
View attachment 3099
View attachment 3100
When I bought it it had been sort of sporterised,The fore stock had been shortened and the barrel bands and nose cap removed,ram rod tossed.
About 2 years ago I found an original fore stock and the ram rod in New Mexico from Al Story at Borchardt sporting rifles, and then recently I posted a wanted add in the Single Shot exchange .About 2 weeks ago I recieved an email from Colarado Springs and a fellow had the bands and nose cap for my rifle ,I western unioned the money to him and they arrived today.
She is all together and ready to hit the range.
View attachment 3097
View attachment 3098
View attachment 3099
View attachment 3100
Last edited:


















































