Finding bullets on sale

MG4A6

Regular
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Calgary
I always hear about people buying bullets cause they were on sale at Canadian Tire, Walsmart or Bass Pro. Thing is I have not once in my life ever seen a box of .22, .223 or 300winmag on sale at any of these stores. It's driving me nuts, every time I walk in to one of these stores I ALWAYS check to see if a sale is going on. CT and Walsmart don't even advertise their bullets!! How the hell does everybody know about these sale but me??? What am I missing???
 
Are you looking for bullets or loaded ammunition?:rolleyes:

And since you keep using the name Walsmart,you need to take a better look at the sign on the store.:D
 
Most stores with a ammo sale going on, do not advertize it....they use this lower price when you are shopping instore. You have to approach the ammo counter to see pricing thus taking you by many other things that you may be interested in. Just a store ploy..... I have a son that works at Wal-mart and they never have sales, just regular ( what they feel) low pricing.
 
If you want sale prices, go to a local gunshop and buy in quantity. Instead of one box at a time, ask for a discount if you buy 10 boxes.
 
@ Stubblejumper :rolleyes:

I am looking for loaded ammo, I know Walsmart and the others have sales cause I hear about them after the fact lol
I keep an eye on the local gun shops but the best deal I found was $10 for a box of 300winmag. Bought all six they had. Other then that it's the 1000 rounds of .223 for $439 to $499.
 
I don't think they are rollbacks. Isn't a rollback when the price drops and stays at that price?? If I go back I am sure the the Silvertips will not be at $22. I have bought the value pack box of winchester 20ga. shells dirt cheap, and if I go pack they are no longer that price.

Next time I am near Wally Mart I will check it out, I wonder if maybe they liquidate the stuff they no longer plan on selling.
 
So basically the consensus here is just to keep looking???
Nobody has an easier way then visiting all these stores???
What about a current thread where we all post about who has
good deals on ammo at the moment???
 
Finding ammo at good prices is always an ongoing effort. Bulk purchases is really where its at. Wholesale sports has ammo on sale several times per year, but you gotta keep looking. Two years ago when ammo was going up by 25 or 30 percent, I went to all the Canadian Tire stores in Edmonton and cleaned them out of calibers that were still on the old sticker price. Thats the only ammo I've bought at Canadian Tire in a dozen years because I really don't find that the prices there are actually very good. I do make homeloads but some of the newer calibers i have, I need to collect brass. The Problem with CT and places like that, they will never have stuff like x54R, 8mm, ect.

When something is on sale, you have to be prepared to open your wallet and jump on it. Shooting is not a cheap sport.


When you purchase stuff at Walmart and save $3, you take away Canadian jobs and businesses. This is why there are fewer and fewer deals on ammo and less places to buy it.
 
You just have to be patient and visit the shops regularly.At time some of the stores will clear out guns and ammo at unbelievably low prices.I have bought .308 for as low as $12.95 a box,and when we had our last gun show in Edmonton P&D was selling Rossi BP
rifles with 2 barrels for about $100.00.That said ,If you want good accurate ammo for a reasonable price take the time to learn to reload and you will never regret that investment.Depending on how lucky you are sourcing your components you can save between 65 to 80% reloading
 
I bought a couple hundred packs of .22 shorts at CT the other day because they were on for $4/100
It's a good idea to keep shorts around for pest control and S&G's

200 will last me a few years easy. Long rifles on the other hand, I go through about 5000 a year.
 
Half price ammo

I just got a great deal on ammo. Propac in Quebec city is closing and they sell everything 50% off. I got .308 Remington Matchking for 21$ a box and 45-70 for 21$ too. I took them all. All the common stuff is gone but they still have 7mm, .300WSM, .444 Marlin, etc. All their guns are 50% off too.
 
As said, just keep watching... anytime I am in Wallyworld, I always check too. On occasion I have gotten stuff on sale there too. When that is the case, I buy everything and head to another store to see if they have any... repeat... I once hit every Walmart in Wpg, and surrounding area just because the 333 .22's were on for $7.99

:)
 
Back
Top Bottom