Fiocchi trap loads.....anyone use them? Opinions???

ian1974

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello fellow CGN'ers,

I have recently taken up trap shooting and have been using Federal Top Gun and Winchester Super Target Shotshells. I have recently heard of the Fiocchi brand and I wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with them and what your opinions of them are. Any information/opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
IMHO Fiocchi are about on a par with the other two "budget" shells, none are near the quality of Rem. STS, Fed. Gold Metal, or Win. AAs. I do not use any of that "budget" ammo in my serious clay bird guns.
 
Thank you for the reply Ben. I don't do any reloading and I found that my results were the same with Winchester Super Target and the AA's however I only shoot from the 16yd line and really I am just a beginner.

Would it be safe to say that you don't think the Fiocchi's are anything special?...no better or no worse than the other "budget" shells?
 
"...don't do any reloading..." Hi. You may want to think about it if you plan on getting serious. Shotgun reloading equipment isn't anywhere near as pricey as rifle/handgun kit either.
Mind you, you still have to pattern your shotgun with any ammo so you know exactly how it shoots out of your shotgun. The choke you have matters too.
What shotgun do you have? Changing a choke is not an expensive thing if your shotgun has changeable chokes. Moreso if it's a hunting shotgun with fixed chokes. Not necessarily ugly expensive though. Depends on the make.
Fiocchi would do for me, but I'm not a trap or skeet shooter.
 
Sunray, thanks for the feedback. I've only been in the "game" a couple months so I am still very much a newbie, therefore I have not really even considered loading my own shells. I purchased a very nice winchester 101 off the shotgun exchange on here and I am quite happy with it. It has fixed chokes but I am thinking about sending it to Briley to have chokes installed. I have patterened my 101 with federal top gun and winchester super target and they both came out identical. I won't be doing any hunting, only trap/skeet/sporting clays.
 
Back
Top Bottom