Fiochhi ammo issues in 8x27 French model 1892

You can get the RCBS SH#1 to work but it is not perfect. RCBS advertise it being for 25-20, 32-20, and 8mm Lebel Revolver. But it is not a great fit for the 8x27. I found that using it with fiocchi brass the case is not centered perfectly in the resizing die. Switching to the Hrn#48 fixed that problem for me with fiocchi brass. I still use the 32-20 shellholder for brass made from 32-20 cases.

I think CH4 also makes 8x27 shellholder but i haven't used one.
 
Never tried the 8mm but I shot off a few boxes of old stock fiocchi 455 a few years back and it was exactly as the OP described. Every shot was different, some normal, some you could watch leave the barrel and the worst of all one actually stuck in the bore! I bought it for the brass, but it was the worst ammo I ever shot.
 
Back
Top Bottom