First Black Powder!

SCDL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario
Photo-0148.jpg


Just picked it up.

According to the seller, it's a horse pistol. It was also just about the only flintlock at the show that fit my hand...

.65 calibre if I'm not mistaken. I'll double-check that later.
 
I had my eye on that one! I ended up with a nice little pair of flintlock muff pistols!

That is a great gun you have there! Check out track of the wolf for all the gear you will need to run it!

McLean
 
Nice choice SCDL! Now time to view Track of the Wolf for all of your flintlock shooting needs. (oops too late)

Enjoy...........:)

Edit: I observe a hooked breech & wedge takedown system. Very nice for cleaning as it seems fewer antique flinters have this handy feature! You are a lucky fellow IMO.
 
2.75$, eh?

How much does that translate to with inflation and all that?

The guy was asking 600, but I ended up getting it for 500. Not sure how good a deal I got.

It seems to me that similar modern reproductions go for about that, right?

This one also has the perk of not requiring an ATT and all that stupid bull####.
 
2.75$, eh?

How much does that translate to with inflation and all that?

The guy was asking 600, but I ended up getting it for 500. Not sure how good a deal I got.

It seems to me that similar modern reproductions go for about that, right?

This one also has the perk of not requiring an ATT and all that stupid bulls**t.

Heres a percussion rogers bayonet pistol i bought recently on cGN outa the EE
Carried by the English police way back in the day.

Its a rare gun im still looking into it made 1829 to about 1840s

P1010005_88.jpg


P1010003_89.jpg
 
I love those top-mounted spring-bayonets.....:cool:....

I just bought a 450 caliber 5 shot bulldog with a swing out side mounted bayonet its pretty cool and very rare its a Birds head griped pistol with laynard ring.
I like any on the flip out bayonet pistols/ revolvers.
I will post pics once i get the gun.
 
Just disassembled it for the first time. Decided to take a couple pictures.

Here's the lock.

Sorry again for ####ty cellphone camera.

Photo-0149.jpg


At half-####.

Photo-0151.jpg


And full-####.

Photo-0153.jpg


Overall, it looks like it's in decent enough condition.
 
the inside of the lock looks like it could do with some smoothing up and polishing but I suspect the parts are case hardened mild steel which means you would have to recase them after finishing them. The lock looks a lot like a modern Siler except that their parts would not show the file marks

cheers mooncoon
 
the inside of the lock looks like it could do with some smoothing up and polishing but I suspect the parts are case hardened mild steel which means you would have to recase them after finishing them. The lock looks a lot like a modern Siler except that their parts would not show the file marks

cheers mooncoon

As long as it functions with reasonable reliability, then I'm satisfied. It's no bench-rest pistol, that's for sure. Hell, it doesn't even have sights on it.

So, I got my calipers out and confirmed that it's a .65 bore.

What size ball and patch would you suggest? .648"?

It just occurred to me that perhaps getting such a large caliber as a first BP might have been a poor choice. I don't recall lead being that expensive! lol

Also, any experience shooting shot from this kind of pistol?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom