Fitting a .45 ACP cylinder to a 3rd generation SAA in .45LC

nntw

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Location
The GTA
Maybe it's Ruger's latest convertible Blackhawk that got me wondering.

Peacemaker Specialists in California advertise a .45ACP cylinder for 3rd generation Colts. With a comparative scarcity of .45LC around here, this got me thinking....

Has anyone fitted their Colt with such a cylinder? How did it turn out- work well, etc?
 
I've never replaced a cylinder but I have fitted new hands & bolts which is most likely what you would have to do. I would say it's doable and assuming you timed it properly will work just fine. The only issue would be if the bolt slots in the new cylinder were way off for your frame.
 
I've never replaced a cylinder but I have fitted new hands & bolts which is most likely what you would have to do. I would say it's doable and assuming you timed it properly will work just fine. The only issue would be if the bolt slots in the new cylinder were way off for your frame.

thanks... makes more sense now. Apparently Colt will do it, though I assume there would be a long wait time.
 
Back
Top Bottom