Flash Guard on Flintlock ?

I think they can be handy at times. I have shot in matches where there were a lot of shooters close together and also on trail walks with few places to stand when not shooting and in both cases it has been difficult to not spray someone. I also recall one trail walk where I had to shoot with the gun upside down because I was shooting through a loop hole that was high enough that I could not see the sights with the gun right side up. Extremely easy to spray your left fore arm I discovered

cheers mooncoon
 
Yeah they are mostly for reenactors firing in line but can come in real handy, for what its worth id throw one on. I think they look kinda cool too.

Cheers, McLean
 
Thanx Guys; I think I'll go with it. During my first trip to the range as the newest member of our black powder group, I became aware that with the range busy, flash from flint guns was something to be managed. I mainly wanted to be sure the guards weren't known for deflecting the jet directly at your powder flask or somewhere else that might be of concern. I know from other shooting disciplines that some add ons are a good idea, others are not. Thanx again !
 
Back
Top Bottom