Flint Military Rifle Recommendations and Feedback Please!

clanquinn

New member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Wasaga Beach ON
Goodday,

Looking to get a flintlock military rifle reproduction. Grew up reading the books about Sharp, however I haven't been able to track down Baker Rifle reproductions that are readily available in Canada (I know Loyalist sells a reproduction Baker, but it's a smoothbore).

I do seen that Loyalist is selling Euroarm's 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle: http://loyalistarms.freeservers.com/flintlockmatchlocketcmuskets.html
Here is Euroarms website for this rifle: http://www.euroarms.net/euroarms_netUS1803/US1803-L&C.htm

I live in Wasaga Beach and there was an 1812 action here, with the British burning their ship the Nancy when in retreat from the US forces: https://www.wasagabeachpark.com/the-war-details/

Does anyone have this rifle and if so, what is your experience with it?

Does anyone else have any recommendations for sources of reproduction military rifles?

Jim
 
Flintlock rifles are listed the same as low power air guns and exempt from most firearms regulations. This means it's easier to buy from the American market and import.

US options are far more plentiful. Try Track of the Wolf, Dixie Gun Works or even the gunbroker and auction type sites for far more variety of you can't find what you like in Canada.
 
Apart from the Model of 1803, the Baker and the Ferguson, I can't rightly recall any other readily available military flintlock rifles. Did you have anything else in mind? Here in UK Peter Dyson makes a beautiful exact replication of the Baker rifle in a couple of versions. Prices were around the £5K mark ten years ago, and waiting times were very long. Of course, the real deal is a whole heap of money - Kings Shilling Militaria here has an officer's model for a mere £12K.

tac
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom