Flint Pistol

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
The more I shoot this gun the better I like it, with no sights and a smooth bore and the time delay on firing I can now hit the target at 7 meters.:D
I run a dry cleaning patch through it after every shot,use vegetable shortening/beeswax to lube the patch and ball and I think I could shoot all day like that.
The gun is really easy to clean after use unlike the cap and ball revolvers and is cheap to shoot..no caps.
Pedersoli Queen Anne
.50 cal smoothbore:

FlintPistol003.jpg

Flintlockcloseup001-1.jpg
 
Very nice pistol, I have a pedersoli harpers ferry that is alot of fun. Since i picked up my original .75 caliber smooth trade pistol i dont realy use it anymore and have been considering selling it.
Mclean
 
I just checked the antique status flowchart and see that flintlock pistols are restricted. Bizarre. Words fail me.
 
I got my RPAL so that I could buy and shoot a cap and ball revolver reproduction , I didn't even think of buying an antique at the time as I didn't know about the gun laws as applied to antiques.
 
Yeah the first bp pistol I got was a .45 percussion kentucky style. paid 85 bucks for it! I still have it shot it a few times but it has been one problem after another with that gun. next was a .36 1851 navy and then the pedersoli harpers ferry flinter.

In the last few months i've managed to aquire a nice antique belgian top break in .450 adams and a .75 caliber flint trade pistol which is oh so cool. the sctual antiques are alot more fun. especially when you go out with your flint rifles and have the pistol too.

Cheers, McLean
 
Here in yUK ANY replica made to be fired is classed as a Section 1 firearm - the same as a .50cal MacMillan...

There is a list of obsolete calibres that is as long a phone-book, and the guns that shoot them are freely available without a licence of any kind, providing that you are over age 18. But if you want to shoot any of them, you have to have it on your firearms licence, exactly like any modern gun. Canadian gun laws are not the only ones that make no sense.

BTW - the way to get a firearms licence in the UK is long and painful. I don't intend to go over it here.

tac, stuck in the yUK

tac
 
that's a very nice pistol,IMHO Pedersoli makes the best replica guns,owned a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle manny moons ago ...
 
Back
Top Bottom