For quite some time I have been cursing the flints with a high ridge in the middle of their upper surface. When I tighten the jaws up on them, they squirt out. Finally got around to making a new top jaw for my lock and it seems to work. My initial change was to put a small pedestal on the back lower surface of the top jaw, so that it would pivot from higher up. That only worked slightly because when I tightened the screw, the jaw rose up to parallel to the bottom jaw. I angled the back of the upper jaw down so that the screw now presses on the front of the jaw and voila- the jaw will now angle down and grip many of the troublesome flints. What is strange is that the top back of most flint #### jaws that I have seen, have been more or less parallel to the lower surface of the jaw
cheers mooncoon
cheers mooncoon


















































