Flintlock Parts - Where to purchase within Canada?

marcog1

New member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
Calgary AB
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before as I am new to this thread.

I am looking to purchase a new touch hole liner for a Lyman Flintlock Trade Rifle. I've looked online with little success. The only place I've found has been Track of The Wolf. However, they charge $5US for the item and $20US for the shipping which seems excessive hence why I am hoping to find a Canadian alternative.

I've included some details regarding the part for your consideration. https://www.lymanproducts.com/black-powder-accessories. Dimensions are 6 x .75. I've heard RMC works just as well, however, have not found any anywhere to buy them in Canada either.

Thank you.
 
Contact the Gun Dealer in NB. There is a fellow, a black powder gunsmith, just up the road, they send all their BP work to him. He specializes in Lymans I have heard.
 
Last edited:
anyone with a lathe can make a liner in about 15 minutes - one of the simplest parts. Though gunsmith fees, shipping etc in Canada, you are not going to save much more $25 is not bad, pad out your order with other stuff (balls, etc) to make it less painful.

You could also try muzzle loader builder supply, I believe they do actual shipping.
 
anyone with a lathe can make a liner in about 15 minutes - one of the simplest parts. Though gunsmith fees, shipping etc in Canada, you are not going to save much more $25 is not bad, pad out your order with other stuff (balls, etc) to make it less painful.

You could also try muzzle loader builder supply, I believe they do actual shipping.

Thank you, appreciate the help!
 
As a possibility could take a 6x.75 percussion nipple, cut off the threaded portion and do a vertical saw cut for screwdriver and you would have a serviceable liner-4 threads or more. Just a thought! Have a used nipple you may have to try this out if you wish. Cheers
 
Last edited:
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before as I am new to this thread.

I am looking to purchase a new touch hole liner for a Lyman Flintlock Trade Rifle. I've looked online with little success. The only place I've found has been Track of The Wolf. However, they charge $5US for the item and $20US for the shipping which seems excessive hence why I am hoping to find a Canadian alternative.

I've included some details regarding the part for your consideration. https://www.lymanproducts.com/black-powder-accessories. Dimensions are 6 x .75. I've heard RMC works just as well, however, have not found any anywhere to buy them in Canada either.

Thank you.

You can order from Lyman direct.
 
Back
Top Bottom