Flintlock Photo's? Let's see em!

Heres a couple rifles I have, a Baker and a Harpers ferry.

Military flintlocks are one of my passions, and living in northern Ontario I can get out in the bush with them often!






This one here is the star of my collection, a antique LORD marked flintlock pistol. She is of common pattern but all her barrel markings are quite early, She still sparks wonderfully aswell.
 
flint-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
My favoritest toy....

My 16ga flint double. I'm at least the third owner, and I haven't been able to find anything about the builder. Seven pounds even, cut-away breeches, double-tapered L&R Manton locks. I love it, but nothing's perfect - the left lock has a couple of things that could stand working on and the bores are rather rough.

5291418077_222b0259e4_b_d.jpg


5291418075_50f6a5edf6_b_d.jpg


5291418087_48c7416413_b_d.jpg


5291418071_62094924e8_b_d.jpg


Regards,
Joel
 
Last edited:
This is my one and only flinter..a Pedersoli Queen Anne .50 Cal smoothbore. This thing is a lot of fun to shoot, had it at the black powder day at Port Coquitlam and District Hunting and Fishing Club a couple of weeks ago. No sights are provided but I was able to hit the target at 7 meters, targets at 25 meters were quite safe as I was not able to connect with them.
I am negotiating for another flint pistol in .45 Cal with rifled bore and sights, the idea being to win a steak at the monthly meet up at PCDHFC.

 
Back
Top Bottom