FlintLock Stowe 1776

Bryansjeep

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Gunnuters

I've seen a flintlock Stowe 1776 for sale that I looking to buy and likely resell down the road. It is stamped Stowe 1776 behind the hammer and GR under a crown in front of the hammer. There is some markings in the wood, comes with a ramrod and appears in average condition.

I have heard of reproductions being made and was wondering if anyone would have any info on these guns. How I could tell a reproduction from an original? Would anyone have an idea of what this would be worth?

Thanks for any light you can shed,
Mike
 
Information regarding only the lock is pretty useless when it comes to providing a history and evaluation of the firearm as a whole. Locks have been taken off and reused from one gun to another.
What may get you some results is posting a full length photo of the gun. with some closeups of the lock and butt plate tang. From what little research I did, Stowe could be original or a jap repro. Pics will tell.
 
Thanks for your reply. It appeared to be a repro to me from the pics I seen, as I didn't see it first hand. It end up selling at auction for $205. It went for a little more then I was looking to pay not being sure what it was.
 
Back
Top Bottom