FN 5.7x28 ammo

gmj

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Location
Oshawa, ON
Any one shoot this caliber on the forums and if so, where did you purchase your ammo in Canada and whats your impression of this caliber?

57x28.jpg


308, 223, 5.7x28, 9mm
 
Last edited:
I keep my eyes open for this calibre all the time. I get lucky sometimes and find an ok deal on the EE for 500 rounds or I'll splurge and spend a stupid amount on a box of 50 from a dealer.
 
I shoot copious amounts of this caliber... :p

I shoot it from my 18.5" barreled PS90. Groupings at 100 meters with an EOtech are usually in the 1.5-2 MOA range. It could be improved if I mounted an optic, but that kind of goes against the point of the PS90.

Recoil is minimal. You get slightly more then from a .22 magnum, but with a cartridge that is supposed to have more hitting power then a .45 ACP.

Ballistics wise, I have taken it to 200 and 300 meters. 200 meter groupings are really close to the limit of this cartridge, and at 300 meters I found that a good grouping consisted of hitting a 3 foot target on a windy day. It is a short range caliber and it's limits are clear, but it is hugely effective at short range.

As for ammo, the EE is your single best bet. Be prepared to pay out your ass for it though, prices are usually $40+/ 50 Cartridges.

I got mine on the EE from a guy who had a surplus of it about two years back. 4k cartridges in that deal for about $37 a box. I have about 2500 left.

I recently invested in a loading setup too.

RCBS Pro 2000 with an Auto Index, with the 5.7 dies. Nothing says awesome like progressive 5.7 Loading. Have not had the time to try it out yet, but hoping to get some made up in the next week or two.
 
Back
Top Bottom