Found another Signal Cannon

Road King

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well, I found another Signal Cannon this week and thought I would share some photos of this one. It is made for 12gauge and well made on swivel base on ball bearings. In the photos you will see the safety and trigger mechanism. It has an elevation adjustment for reaching maxium distance. I was also wondering if anyone has seen a similar one to this type. I have a feeling this one maybe a one of a kind and possibly hand made.

DSC01190.jpg


DSC01191.jpg


DSC01192.jpg


DSC01193.jpg


DSC01194.jpg


DSC01195.jpg


DSC01196.jpg


DSC01197.jpg


DSC01198.jpg


DSC01199.jpg


DSC01200.jpg


DSC01201.jpg
 
That's awesome! Good catch... :)

Now dis-assemble, take dimensions, and make a blueprint for the rest of us! :) :) lol

Seriously, I don't think it would be that difficult to make one of those, provided a fella had some drawings to work with. It "looks" fairly simple.
 
Looks way cool !
Did you end up buying it?
I see it is in a collectables type setting.
What sort of dollar figure is the asking price, just curious is all.
Would like to see it discharged too.
Tight Groups,
Rob
 
Very cool! What would it have been used for? Signalling ship to ship? Repelling boarders? Arrgghhhhh!

From what I understand they were used by yacht owners to start races between each other like a starter pistol. But in all likelihood it was just another toy for a rich man to pretend he was an admiral.
 
Super cool! Ha, The funny thing is that I thought you were nuts for putting such a massive object on that poor little wooden table until I saw the perspective photo with the can!!!!LOL!
 
Where do signal cannons fall in regards to regulations and classification. I have a friend who has a Winchester signal cannon and is unsure what it should be classified as.
 
Where do signal cannons fall in regards to regulations and classification. I have a friend who has a Winchester signal cannon and is unsure what it should be classified as.

SSSSSSHHHHH!!! Quiet! Next thing you know all the left wing moonbats out there will be clamouring for a signal cannon registry. All it takes is one idiot to threaten his wife with a signal cannon and it's all over.
 
OP, my bet is that the cannon (signalling devise) and base are about the same age, but the bracket that mounts one to the other is a fairly modern (most likely hand made) contraption. The giveaway being "hex" bolts and hardware nuts. Hexagon hardware began use in what...late 1930's, early '40's? Prior to that fasteners were squared or rivets.

Cool devise, where do you keep finding them?
 
Back
Top Bottom