Fun & Games In The Sword & Saddle Shoppe

Glenfilthie

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got in one of these kits from Track Of The Wolf awhile back.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=9&subId=60&styleId=231&partNum=AXE-CE

When they arrive from the dealer the head is shiny and new, unsharpened and the handles are shipped seperate. I figured I would buy it and embellish the handle the way they do with those ceremonial hawks and peace pipes - but the wood is cheap ash or hickory and doesn't carve well.

However, if you make your own handle from something like curly maple - you can get some neat results!

RetardRiverAxeWorks006.jpg


Look out everyone! Retard River Axe Works is now on the scene! :D
 
It's actually amazing Skinny...ya know how some guns - like an old Winchester 30 30 just seem to fall into your hands like a warm girl friend as if they are meant to be there?

This beast sits in the hand just like it is meant to be there too. This will sound stupid - but it IS a 'right handed' hatchet! I don't know why that is - but it just is! I didn't mean for it to turn out that way either, it just seemed to happen that way. Damndest thing I ever seen...
 
Back
Top Bottom