FUSION ammo

I had to buy factory ammo last years as the old ladies rifle, it showed up just in time for hunting season. Fusion is the only stuff they had in .260 rem at the store so I bought two boxes. She shot a nice mule deer buck and a mature whitetail doe and both were one shot kills. I was really impressed with the wound channel and penatration of the ammo. I reload for that rifle now but would not hesitate to buy the fusion ammo if I was in a pinch.
 
i bought it to sight in my gun with the intention of using federal premium to hunt with... but it shot better then the premium and both rounds opened up nicely on the deer i neck shot at about 40 yards.
 
My .308 loves the Fusions. I used to shoot Federal Premiums, and just for fun tried the Fusions, they shoot into half an inch at 100 yards, where the Premiums got about 1 1/2 inch groups.
 
I picked up a couple of boxes to try them out in my 270 WSM. I have found that they group very well (under 1/4" at 100 yds). On game is a different story....1st deer shot at 40 yds, very small hole going in, baseball size exit wound. 2nd deer shot at 250 yds, same result, small in, big hole out. Shot a moose in the top of the hump in the spine, took an orange sized section of the spine out. Hydrostatic shock I have found it terrible, they make a huge mess, doesn't matter what animal or the range the results are the same..bloodshot.
 
Both my wife and I shot them this fall. For some reason, my Tikka T3 lite loves the Fusion ammo and hates the Remington CoreLokt stuff. Her Browning Xbolt seems to shoot it well too. As far as hunting goes, both tiny deer (blacktails) and black bears agree that its lethal.... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom