No offense intended, but you ever consider your firearm could play a part.
Has fired hundreds of rounds of Federal and Federal premium was 0 issues.
After this experience, I took a look at the fired brass from my 30'06. This is a different caliber and obviously a different rifle.
This ammo is Winchester Black Box Supreme CT Ballistic Silver tips with the nickle plated brass and yellow primers. I noticed that about half the primers on this ammo are completely flattened and some of them backed out so they are no longer recessed or flush with the cartridge. This rifle has no problem with any other ammunition and no other fired 30'06 brass from this rifle show this primer/pressure problem.
So I guess these cartridges in 30'06 from Winchester are loaded WAAAY too hot or the primers are not seated correctly.
I have an unused box of the stuff (for 270) except with accubonds. When weighing them, I find that the weight of each cartridge varies by up to 3.5 grains! Normally, I would chalk that up to variences in the brass but upon weighing the spent brass, there is only minimal differences in weight.
When I weigh Federal premium and federal blue box the difference in weight between cartridges is always less than 1 grain and my hand loads vary by only 0.5 - 0.8 grains.
The Winchester ammunition seems to have empirically measured large variances in powder charges. What a bunch of sloppy garbage!
You vs Winchester and their lawyers????
Sure. They may have lawyers on retainer but are they really going to sent one to Edmonton to fight a small claims court filing? They could hire a local lawyer but that would cost more than just fixing the gun. Not to mention the potential bad publicity.
We're only talking about shaving down the bolt face and then moving the barrel back to adjust the head space.