FYI re: TOW

apu

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Location
Manitoba
Jost got some correspondence from track of wolf, they will no longer ship brass to Canada, shame. I guess the taliban has started to reload antiques firearms. Thank goodness ITAR is keeping us safe :rolleyes:
 
Geez. You didn't see that coming a mile away?

Self preservation on their part, if they want to stay in business.

Yep. ITAR is mostly stupidity, but they gotta deal with it too.

Best Idea. Set yourself up as a small business, connect with a wholesaler, and import your own, paperwork and all.

Cheers
Trev
 
I phoned TOW a couple of months ago and was told in a fairly lengthy talk that their legal eagles were challenging the decision. They assured me that they expected to win, and a decision should come down sometime in August.
I intend to call again around the end of the month to get an update, and will post the results here at that time.
**I remember when Boyd's Gunstocks went through the same process a few years ago. They expected a quick decision, but it took them 7 months to get a winning verdict. TOW may be a trifle optimistic with the August date, but feel that sooner or later they will win. Maybe not with the currently available brass like 45-70, but surely with brass that isn't available easily either here or there.
 
I ordered some stuff from track recently and they expected to be able to export cases in a short while. Marstar and The Bullet Barn have brass, it just depends on what you need.
 
I hope that its a general across the board sort of decision so that other places like Buffalo Arms and other suppliers can also start shipping cases again.

On the plus side there are a lot more Canadian suppliers now than there were a year or 2 ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom