Hey
My dad recently gave me an antique precussion cap muzzle loading shotgun in real ruff shape. He originally got it from my granddad who in turn got it out of the local dump (or so the story goes). The stock is split in two pieces; splitting the barrel and fore stock from the lock and butt end. I am trying to figure out if it is worth finding a stock for or should I glue it back together and mount it on the wall.
Here is the info
Maker: G.G. Julcher (on the lock)
Guage: 10
Barrel: 33 inches long with a octagonal chamber and thin walled round barrel
Markings:
On the lock
G.G. Julcher surrounded by branches with hunting scene around it
On a crescent shaped plate on the left side (partial markings)
NTED (I think its part of Patented)
890 Jan 13 (I think its the patent date of 1890 Jan 13)
On the Barrel
There appears to be two proof marks,
One looks like a 4 leaf clover
the other one looks like two crossed swords with a crown centered above
Pics to follow
Thanks
Rich M
My dad recently gave me an antique precussion cap muzzle loading shotgun in real ruff shape. He originally got it from my granddad who in turn got it out of the local dump (or so the story goes). The stock is split in two pieces; splitting the barrel and fore stock from the lock and butt end. I am trying to figure out if it is worth finding a stock for or should I glue it back together and mount it on the wall.
Here is the info
Maker: G.G. Julcher (on the lock)
Guage: 10
Barrel: 33 inches long with a octagonal chamber and thin walled round barrel
Markings:
On the lock
G.G. Julcher surrounded by branches with hunting scene around it
On a crescent shaped plate on the left side (partial markings)
NTED (I think its part of Patented)
890 Jan 13 (I think its the patent date of 1890 Jan 13)
On the Barrel
There appears to be two proof marks,
One looks like a 4 leaf clover
the other one looks like two crossed swords with a crown centered above
Pics to follow
Thanks
Rich M


















































