Gawddammit!!!!!

Dirk72

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just had - shall we say - a negative experience with pan lubing cast lead bullets. :bangHead:

I am trying to find a lube/sizer - preferably RCBS, preferably here in Alberta - with the dies and junk required to size my Postell bullets to .459. Any a you guys in a position to point me in the right direction? Can any of our esteemed suppliers set me up?

After I finished chimping out in rage when I spilled lube all over the place, I cleaned up and went on the internet... and I am just coming up with squat!

Any help is sincerely appreciated.
 
Don't know if Amazon.ca is close enough to Alberta for you, but they list both Lyman and RCBS lube sizers, I also found Lyman H&I dies and Lyman top punches listed. I can't comment about the prices, since it has been years since I bought this sort of stuff. I use both the Lee push through sizing dies with the Lee sizing/lube coating, and also have a STAR lube sizer with dies made up by fellow who periodically offers to make them here on CGN. No top punches required for either Lee or STAR - they both push on the base of the bullet to be sized.
 
I'm starting to look at the NOE push-through sizing system. Still not sold as I would like to see it in operation but it seems like a good idea.

Powder coating isn't very traditional and considered a jacketed bullet therefore disallowed in some competition. Black powder also needs lube to keep the fouling soft.

Powder coated bullets often need sizing too. Some I did yesterday gained 0.003" which is enough to be a problem.
 
Dirk I don't know where your at in Ab. , if your in central Ab. (I'm about 35 min east of R D) you can certainly use one of my Lyman sizers ( one is set up for .459 right now). One is set up to push feed dry slugs through for powder coating and the other is set up to lube & size with conventional lube (if you want a BP specific lube you will have to bring your own).

I got both of my sizers at gunshows ( there was one on a table at the last Red Deer show a couple of weeks ago), some times they come with an assortment of sizing dies as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom