Getting back to Cas ,which pistols?

Hi Dave
I bought a Chapparal in December.Just got a chance to shoot it a couple weeks ago.It is a 1873 SAA in 357.The first rds were factory loads.It periced the primers on 4 and did not fire on 2.Next I tryed some light cowboy loads,same thing.I also noticed over the winter playing with it it would lock up(nothing would move)
I have sent it back for waranty so will see how that goes.
I also have a Peitta in 357 that worked great.Maybe I got a lemon,I liked the fit of the Chapparal and the finnish was good.Hope that helps.
Reb
 
Thats funny when i bought two of them in .45 colt 2 years ago,
one was great, worked flawlessy.
The other one was a POS that should not have left the factory.
Apparently i was the only one that got a bad one.
Over piercing of primers, primers swelling back after firing,
gun jamming up when calking.
I will say that the replacement gun is A OK.
Looks beautiful and works great.
I guess firing a few test shots at the factory
takes too much time.
Piettas were not without problems when they first came out as well.
Both seem to have gotten the bugs out.
The CGN dealer did honour the warranty by replacing the gun.
Hard to beat that.
In the last 2 years they have been used many times
with zero problems at many CAS matchs.
 
Back
Top Bottom