Gevelot of canada ltd

fass57

Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Location
Edmonton
Hi everyone,
I am looking for information about this old company GEVELOT OF CANADA Ltd, Saskatoon SK.
Years in operation, old pictures and catalogs, partial or full boxes of ammo, loose rounds.
Thanks.
 
I have a bunch of it in 16 ga. some paper and some plastic cases "Olympic" brand, and a case of 7x57. Good ammo. I've been told rifle brass was made by Norma. I have some old .22 shell boxes kicking around in my collection somewhere too. Saskatoon Gunsmith Shoppe has a few boxes of 12 ga. for sale last time I was in there. The plant closed in the 1970's.
 
60-72 AFAIK

Very little info around. I do have some clippings about the opening somewhere.

I evening spoke to the Saskatoon archives and they too had very little.
 
Most of Gevelots stock, when they closed the doors, was bought by the Army and Navy Dept. Stores and sold off in Regina, Edmonton, Vancouver and New Westminister. Bricks of .22 tracer were 5.00/500 rds and most of the rifle ammo was around $1.80 to $2.25 per box of 20. If memory serves me right, this was around 1960 to 62..The mind grows dim with age.
 
I have just got 4 boxes of made in france .22 short in red boxes 'smokeless'. any idea if these are collectible to anyone?
 
Back
Top Bottom