Goex CARTRIDGE

I believe they no longer make that grade. I hoarded up when a friend decided he's rather spend a lot more money on Swiss.
 
Gerald, if you cannot find any then consider the new OE line from Goex. I've been using it this year in my .40-65 with success. After burning through all of my Cartridge grade I switched To their Express line which I think was superior to Cartridge. After using up the Express I switched to OE 1.5 which I really like. It has a much less uniform granulation size than Swiss 1.5, and a lot more fines, but seems to work well. I also still use Swiss if possible in my Schuetzen and long range rifles as I believe it's still the best.

Chris.
 
Never heard of Goex cartredge powder. However Trip 7 or Pyrodex should work just fine. Now having said that decrease your load of Trip 7 by `15-20% as Trip7 is more enegertic than holy black.
 
I use that powder for a few years, but they stopped to make that grade. It was just great to shoot long range in BPCR on a 1,000 yards target. Better E.S. velocities and better grouping...groups and

I am trying to get some more from shooters personnal reserve...

For now I use Goex FFG.

Thank you

Gerald

 
If you haven't heard of GOEX Cartridge grade powder, you started shooting BPCR's yesterday ..... It was THE "go to" powder for years until Swiss became available.

I just scored a few lbs of Swiss 1-1/2 g at $25 per lb. looking forward to trying it out and comparing results with my remaining stock of GOEX Cartridge.
 
If you haven't heard of GOEX Cartridge grade powder, you started shooting BPCR's yesterday ..... It was THE "go to" powder for years until Swiss became available.

I just scored a few lbs of Swiss 1-1/2 g at $25 per lb. looking forward to trying it out and comparing results with my remaining stock of GOEX Cartridge.



I would be very interested with your comparison BETWEEN Goex Cartridge AND Swiss 1 1/2


Best regards

Gerald Bergeron m.d.
 
Don't wait on me - the fact that guys like Steve Garbe, Dave Gullo and Mike Venturino long ago switched to Swiss tells you something. Subscribe to BPCN (Black Powder Cartridge News) and learn what the big boys are shooting.
They prove in competition what works and what doesn't. Anything else is hype and advertising.
 
Lest anyone think that good shooting cannot be done with GOEX Cartridge grade ....

I just got back from the range with my 45-70 Shiloh 'Business Rifle' (a Farmingdale) where I burned up 25 rds I've had on hands for a few years. They were loaded with 60 grs GOEX Ctg. in Remington brass. Bullet was the Lyman 457125/520 gr bullet. Most of my brass is Winchester and I load it with 2 grs more powder as it has thinner case walls.

The vernier tang sight was set for 200m (shot last with Win. brass) and since I'm trying to build up my confidence adjusting it for different ranges, I cranked in my known setting for 300m. It took me two shots to get it dialed in, then fired a three shot triangular group that measured 2-1/2" x 2" x 1-3/4"! To say that I'm pleased would be an understatement.

After that, I cranked back down to the 200m setting and pounded the gong for a bit. Then I got really brave and cranked it up to engage the 380m gong. I just took my best guesstimate and Lo - hit three out of five! I never thought to paint that gong as I did the 200 and 300, so I have no idea where I hit or where I missed.

Next time .....
 
Back
Top Bottom