Good 9mm for pistol noob....at a fair price!

Until the Angels Fall

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 94.2%
49   3   0
Location
London, Ontario
I just got my first 9mm pistol, a Smith and Wesson M&P about 3-4 weeks ago and so far I have only fired a box of Brass Blazzers outta it and I liked them. I had to ammo for like a year so I do not remember what I payed for it but I remember it wasn't to bad. I am looking for good non-corrosive (donno IF there is any but yea) at under $20 or as close to that as possible for a box of 50 rounds. So far I am thinking that Brass Blazzers, Sellior and Belliot and American Eagle fit the bill but I am not sure. Any advice on what to buy?

Thanks, UTAF

PS......I KNOW that reloading is a good and cheap way to have lots of good ammo for a fraction of the store bought price but right now I do not have the time or money to invest into reloading so for now I will just collect my spent brass.
 
Welcome to the M&P club! The "WOLF" ammo you read about in US magazines isn't the same stuff reloaded by Wolfgang here near Kingston, and sold at SFRC. The WOLF stuff being sold in the US is from Russia, and ya, I've heard it ain't so great. As far as "our" Wolf ammo goes, I've shot thousands of Wolf's rounds thru my M&P 9 and can tell you, his ammo has been flawless. Now, if we could only clone the guy so he could keep up with demand. If you find it in stock, buy it.
 
Different wolf.

This wolf is commercially reloaded brass cased boxer primed ammo made in Canada.

The wolf you read about is new manufacture steel cased berdan primed ammo made in Russia.

In all actuality, both are just fine for casual target shooting. I haven't had a problem with either.
 
The Russian stuff might well be corrosive-primed. I've seen one with the inside of the steel case rusted in 3D. That's not a show-stopper if you clean it well, but it could be a problem if you let it sit.
 
Fair price??? According to whom? Buy it in bulk for the best price you can find and then buy the equipment to reload the brass. That is the way to go.
 
Back
Top Bottom