Okay, thanks for the input guys. I went after work to see the guy with the firearms for sale. What a pity!!! The revolver needed a good cleaning but I THINK it was a repro, a good one mind you, but a repro nonetheless. It has a brass backstrap, some remnants of the bluing on the pistol, some faint roll engraving on the cylinder, a nice walnut grip. The mainspring was quite strong, and everything seemed to index well and was tight with no play when it was in battery. The problem was that the ONLY writing on it was the "Colts Patent" on the left side of the receiver. There were no serial numbers, no patent numbers, and no other script or numbers that I could see. A good cleaning might have brought out a makers mark. From what I know about black powder arms, it looked like an old working repro. It had a small frame and looked to be about .32 calibre, though it had a longer barrel than the pocket pistols. It looked like a scaled down .36 Colt Navy. The Stevens was the "Favourite" model, a single shot falling block and also needed a good cleaning, but it was actually in pretty good shape once you got past the dirt and dust bunnies. The guy was asking a grand for the 2 fire arms, but was seriously bummed when I told him the Colt was probably a repro. If I had to tell him what a fair market value would be, what would you say? He really needs the cash and I'd love to be able to help him out, if not buying the arms myself, but at least letting him know a fair value for the two pieces.