Good news from Goex Powder

nessy357

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
87   0   1
Location
vanc.isl.
Media Release

Contact:
Chris Hodgdon
Marketing
Goex Powder, Inc. & Hodgdon Powder Company
Phone: 913-362-9455 ext 120
Fax: 913-362-1307
Email: chris@hodgdon.com

March 26, 2012

For Immediate Release


Goex® Powder is Reborn

Doyline Louisiana, Goex® Powder is reborn. After experiencing a production interruption on June 7 2011 Goex is now back in full manufacturing mode. The company successfully completed multiple projects for a safer and improved process facility.

“Eight months of sweat, blood, and tears from the staff at Goex. Today’s start-up was only possible due to the combined dedication of the entire crew who worked in 114 degree days last summer and cold rain forest level downpours this winter. You can be proud of the Goex team. I sure am” said Goex COO Tim Vaitekunas.

Goex is immediately gearing its production to partially satisfy their new 5-year U.S. Military contract and will soon supply the demand of the sporting market of muzzleloading shooters and hunters everywhere.

To find out more about Goex’s The Tradition Continues superior made in the USA black powder products see goexpowder.com or call 913-362-9455
 
From the previous posts...

301. No more than 25 kg of propellant powder, of which no more than 5 kg may be black powder, may be stored at any one time in a detached dwelling or a storage unit that is attached to a dwelling.

Other dwellings — smokeless powder

302. (1) The maximum quantity of smokeless powder that may be stored at any one time in a dwelling that is located in a building containing other dwellings is

(a) 20 kg, if all the powder is in containers that hold no more than 1 kg; or

(b) 5 kg, if any of the powder is in a container that holds more than 1 kg.
Other dwellings — black powder

(2) The maximum quantity of black powder that may be stored at any one time in a dwelling that is located in a building containing other dwellings is

(a) 1 kg, if the black powder is in containers; or

(b) 3 kg less any quantity that is in containers, if the black powder is in small arms cartridges or black powder cartouches.


Based on what was posted earlier on this...

I read that you can have 5kg stored in your house (including your garage if it is attached to the house).

I also translate the above to mean that there is no restriction with how much I can store in my "detached" storage facilty...insert my detached garage.
 
That's good to hear from Goex. I hope to hear more about the new sporting grade powder they are supposed to be coming up with too.

After reading the new regs more carefully, there seems to be a 70kg limit on powder if it's stored in a detached building (not your house), assuming that you have 5 kg in your house.

Chris.
 
Excellent, now if only I could find some forsale close by.

I don't feel like driving to hell and back. (Live near saskatoon).

Do you have a Cabellas nearby, I find they have been stocking it intermittently here in Winnipeg, it's not in their catalogue, ask them to do a search in their inventory computer. Meanwhile Nosale Sport just tells me it's impossible to get.
 
Would you believe you can buy Goex powder for $11/lb ?? :eek:
Go to Jacks Powder Keg.com , he buys Goex and resells it in his own cans for $11/lb he has a disclaimerthat you have to sign that states you won't resell it .

Cheers nessy
 
Does he ship to Canada Nessy?

Fellas, I need to re-stock my dwindling supplies of manly black powder! I am willing to drive, I'm in Aaaaaadmontin AB. I need 2F and 3F, prefer GOEX but will take other brands if they are available.

A restocking trip would provide an excellent excuse to get out on the motorcycle as soon as the ice is gone.
 
Does he ship to Canada Nessy?

Fellas, I need to re-stock my dwindling supplies of manly black powder! I am willing to drive, I'm in Aaaaaadmontin AB. I need 2F and 3F, prefer GOEX but will take other brands if they are available.

A restocking trip would provide an excellent excuse to get out on the motorcycle as soon as the ice is gone.

Check with the Lethbridge Black powder club they just put in there spring order I believe.PM me for contact info
 
Does he ship to Canada Nessy?

Fellas, I need to re-stock my dwindling supplies of manly black powder! I am willing to drive, I'm in Aaaaaadmontin AB. I need 2F and 3F, prefer GOEX but will take other brands if they are available.

A restocking trip would provide an excellent excuse to get out on the motorcycle as soon as the ice is gone.

PM sent with phone #
Cheers nessy.
 
Does he ship to Canada Nessy?

Fellas, I need to re-stock my dwindling supplies of manly black powder! I am willing to drive, I'm in Aaaaaadmontin AB. I need 2F and 3F, prefer GOEX but will take other brands if they are available.

A restocking trip would provide an excellent excuse to get out on the motorcycle as soon as the ice is gone.



Caroline Sports, about an hour SW of you. They aren't cheap but they are the Alberta Distributor for Goex powder. $31 Lb. 2 through 4F always available.
 
Back
Top Bottom