Good quality production muzzleloaders ?

I deal with track of the wolf a lot and have never had problems with customs. My two cents.. I'm a big fan of the Thompson Center Hawken and Renegade, they're well made. My hawken , I've restocked in fancy maple & historically correct iron furniture & finish, a great winter hobby. You can get Davis " Dearslayer " set triggers L&r sidelock & all the furniture to upgrade / repair these guns at a reasonable price
 
I would also look at a kit but failing that I have an old lyman .45 that was my fathers and it is very well done and really nice to shoot.

I also have a traditions penns longrifle that shoots betterthan I can haha the cheak slap he mentioned is I think in part because the stocks are way to high. Not enough drop makes you have to hold it at an odd angle for some people to get a proper lock on the sights. When I first got mine this was the case but i have since adapted to a different shooting style and I am quite happy with it. After I finish my trade gun, and a couple of pistol kits then Ill build myself either a .54 or .58 rifled fusil fin. That kit ill probably get from sitting fox muzzleloaders.

Cheers, McLean
 
Back
Top Bottom