Grave Robber Gun**id help needed**Spring-Gun

I wonder if these things are the reason that building cannons is limited to fuse ignition only,no match locks,flint or percussion are currently allowed from what have been told????

I don't recall any section of law that says anything about cannons. Unless I am mistaken they are usually interpreted to be either decorative objects or signal devices and exempt from registration for that reason. The small ones are not handguns because they are not designed or intended to be shot with one hand (the definition of a handgun)
I would also suggest not inquiring of Ottawa or the police for a formal definition of when does a cannon become a firearm for the simple reason that in the absence of a formal set of laws, some will be created and history tends to show that such laws would not look kindly onto ownership
A cannon does become a firearm if used in a crime, I should add
Just my opinion

cheers mooncoon
 
It is only part of the article, but it is interesting

gravearticle.jpg




take care

jpc
 
I was talking to an old friend today about this spring gun and he mentioned to me that he had seen an episode of antique road show and one of these guns had been appraised at $15,000 to $20,000 dollars. Might be worth checking that out with some gun appraiser.
 
I think the pin and chain would be set into the gun to lock the sear, affording protection against the thing going off when you are setting the 'springs' or charging the barrel or other sorts of work. Once you were ready, you pull the pin and carefully walk away. Educated guess.
 
an episode of antique road show and one of these guns had been appraised at $15,000 to $20,000 dollars

Maybe but I doubt it. The cap on price for this sort of thing is the cost to reproduce/forge one. I could have 10 of them made that would pass for originals for half that money.
You can buy all the original parts involved and anyone with patience/a six pack and a jackknife could produce/age the mounting wood.
 
Back
Top Bottom