Greener MK lll Police Gun brass ammo value

I think that I have only seen 2 or 3 Greener Police shells in gunshows over the past 10 years or more. I think I paid between $5 and $10 for the loaded one and around $2 or $3 for a fired shell. If you have the gun and want to shoot it, you can form the shells out of Winchester AA shells but not out of almost all other plastic shells. I believe the extra 2 firing pins can be removed fairly easily.
To form the shells I made a die up with a handle on it much like a shot dipper. Put the metal die in boiling water then use some sort of press to push the die over a 12 Win AA plastic shell. Count to 5 then push the shell out with a dowel going in through a hole in the base of the die. All of the field grade shells I have used, crumpled rather than conformed to the die

cheers mooncoon
 
I don't have a gun to shoot them but do have 2 nice clean rounds and am leaning towards selling them but need to educate myself about their value. Lots of pics and info online but no values that I could find..Thanks mc
 
are they ? Brass ? Plastic? Head stamps ? Marking on the wads ? Will all afect collector values . 10 to 30.00 $ it all depends (loaded). Pictures are allways a big help for evaluating .:wave:
IMG_20170303_184831.jpgIMG_20170303_184931.jpgIMG_20170303_185137.jpg
Didn't mean to come off as a nubie( but I guess I did ) any hey! the police loadings are more common than say the commercial loadings like the middle plastic one , then ya got the straight wall Greener shells , there may allso have been slugs Produced also as I have been told by other collectors .:cheers:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170303_184831.jpg
    IMG_20170303_184831.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20170303_184931.jpg
    IMG_20170303_184931.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20170303_185137.jpg
    IMG_20170303_185137.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom