Greenville Works Mass. Rifle 1864

joe n

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
300   0   0
I was helping a good friend today go through a number of old rifles he will part with one day. This one in particular caught my eye. It is I beieve marked Greenville Works Mass. Apart from a period repair to the wrist, it seems to be in nice original configuration. I have never seen one like this before. Can anyone tell me a bit about this rifle, including what value would be fair to place on it? And when it was manufactured? Thanks in advance for educating me :)
P.S...a few pics of the other oldies in the pile.
aojun11032.jpg

aojun11042.jpg

aojun11040.jpg

aojun11041.jpg

aojun11039.jpg

aojun11038.jpg

aojun11036.jpg

aojun11034.jpg

aojun11033.jpg

aojun11046.jpg

aojun11045.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks a lot like a knock off of the Whitney Phoenix rifle only slightly different. I notice that it appears to have British proof marks on the barrel, so it must have found its way there at least for a while

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom