Grizzly Adams

david doyle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 97.7%
86   2   0
Been watching the Grizzly Adams series with the kids over the past couple weeks and have been pretty impressed with the antique gun selection and period correctness.

Dating the exact years covered so far is limited to an apperance of a young Teddy Roosevelt but with that benchmark it is neat to see the 56 rimfire carbine (I think) the 1874 french 11 mm (almost shot Ben:eek:) etc etc alongside Mad Jack's kentucky-ish (?) flintlock.

So far no big colt appearances ;)

I am starting to think that someone with some knowledge sourced the firearms for this great old show.

Got me wondering how much of an 'influence on' or 'influenced by' the show had on re- inactment/BP shooting/ML hunting? Anyone old enough out there remember a day before Grizzly Adams? LOL.

I think next time someone can sit down with the B.C regulators to ask for some ML seasons back they should make the panel watch a couple episodes of Grizzly Adams before they make thier decision.
 
I just watched a VHS Taped movie called MAD DOG MORGAN about a Ausi bush ranger in the 1860s.
Great movie!
dennis hopper played Morgan was great in this movie.
The guns were all period correct pretty much.
I bought it on ebay for $3 LOL
Better than 99% of the new stuff on TV
Took me 3 Hrs to figger out how to get my old VHS player to work on the newer LCD type TVs tho !

I watched Griz Adams back in the 70s i guess it was, alot of them older movies and shows are just great like gunsmoke Ect
 
Grizzly Adams reminds me of my weekly bath, get into the pajjamas, and snuggle under a blanket with my Dad and brother to watch this great 1970-80's weekly saga! I haven't watch it since then ,but it would be great to get the series on DVD! Is it available for sale anywhere? I feel sorry for the new generation of kids, who really do not get to grow up in a simple time like I did. It will be interesting to look back now and see what guns were used in the epesodal drama! I was going to grow up and go live in a log cabin in the bush ,just like the TV series, but got sidetracked by the most beautiful young lady I ever did see! thanks for the bringing back a great time in my life, dale Z!
 
Back
Top Bottom